I was going to blog about the disgusting and boring speaker I heard today, Roxanne's terrible behavior (she bit her sister and favored us with a huge tantrum at dinner time) or the lousy weather. But instead, I'll turn to drink!
Charlie's Recipe for Whiskey Collins
Ingredients (serves two, or knocks down one):
8 ounces Canadian whiskey (I prefer VO, Seagram's 7 or Canadian Club) plus 1 ounce per glass
8 ounces tap water
2 packets "Bar-Tender" brand powdered Collins mix
one or two tall glasses
1) pour the whiskey and tap water into a shaker.
2) add both packets of Collins mix, cover and shake vigorously.
3) let the shaker rest, meanwhile fill the tall glass(es) halfway with ice cubes.
4) pour the shaker into the glasses (or pour half into one glass, and save the rest for later).
5) add seltzer until the glass is about 75% full, then add another dash of whiskey (about a ounce).
6) stir and drink. I never garnish, but you could add a maraschino cherry or something like that if you have a sweet tooth.
L'chaim, na zdrovia, etc.